Wednesday

I`m Officially ..... IN My Newly Decorated Craft Room !! ...

Well the day has finally arrived for me to say .......... I`m in my new craft room ! !

It has been a month since i started .... And it has been a LONG one to say the least .... More "downs " than ups in my life at the moment , but i can at least have a room of my own to retreat into away from the humdrum of life !




If you can bear with me ... As this could well turn out to be a long post , then i`ll begin .....




The start of the papering , and many holes to fill in on all the walls .
It`s amazing how abit of filler , new skirting boards and paper over the top makes it look totally different !


Before ......






And after .......







As you open the door .... This is what you see .... My bird wallpaper all along one wall ... From Laura Ashley ... Oriental garden in Eau de Nil shade .....










Another angle view and finally finished it . The paper was difficult to photograph , as it is pearlescent duck egg green / blue , but i hope you can see it in other photos along the way ... Even though it may look "flat " in colour , you can only appreciate it more in the flesh ! !







A "down the wall " angle of the paper .........









Next i had the best bit of filling it all with goodies !!


My center lamp shade ..........





My new desk !! Now how tidy will this be in a week or so !! .........
And Amy ..... can you spot your bird tin you gave me ??








The curtains ..........







Small bookcase .... with some of my finds displayed ..... along with a set of storage boxes from Laura Ashley again .....










On the top of it ......... Jug and bone china napkin holders ......
















Glassware and china shelf ........








Large bookcase near my desk ........























And finally , the small recess ...... empty for now ....... But waiting for another large bookcase with doors on , and to show off more finds of course !




I hope to post a picture of that soon for you all , and for Amy again , yes i`ll be putting your bird collage up there !!


Thanks for staying with me on this long post ... And i hope you all enjoyed my craft room tour .......




1 comment:

Amy A said...

Beautiful! How lucky you are to have a space all to yourself! I did see the bird box on the desk. Glad you can use it! TFS :)