Saturday

Here`s My Christmas Swap Idea ! .......

HELLO AGAIN EVERYONE !!


Judging by all the wonderful emails i got , everyone was so HAPPY and surprised to win !! From MEGGIE - who has not won anything before , to a new dear friend of mine -SHERRY .


It gave me a warm fuzzy glow , to think i had made someone else`s day . To give something , with out expecting anything in return . That`s what part of life is all about - isn`t it ?


Anyway .... To my Christmas swap Idea ......


If you didn`t notice on my side bar already -- i have put a banner , ( which i did myself ! ;o)


I have thought about a CHRISTMAS CRACKER SWAP !


Ok ... So you maybe thinking ? I have seen an ornament swap and a snowman swap , but not this as of yet ..... If you have seen this ..... Just let me " think " for a while that i came up with this please ! LOL !


So the rules are pretty simple ....


1 . Make the cracker shape , either from a tube of cardboard or one from a kitchen roll innard , for eg . It`s up to you what diameter it is .... But remember .. it has to go on a tree !


2. The fun part is ....... DECORATION ! Use your imagination to decorate with what you wish , no holds barred . Anything goes !


3. THEN .... Fill with Christmas goodies ! Anything hand made or bought . Like craft supplies , or even chocolate ! It`s up to you , and what you can get in it ! Please do remember to look at what your swap partner does like though ! :o)


What better way to receive something handmade , to use the goodies in future projects AND then put the cracker on the tree !! ??

So what do you think ????

I`ll let everyone know their swap partners on - Sunday 25th Nov .

All be ready to post out by Monday 3rd Dec . Or if you get an overseas partner , you may want to post it earlier . I will try and keep USA / Canada participants together , but if anyone wants to swap with me ... Please let me know !!

So ... I am hoping to get you all involved in this idea , and we can all hop about to see what each other has received !! May be even inspire you to do something as well ...


So who`s in on this .... ???

7 comments:

Sherry said...

What an innovative and clever idea!! I think this is fabulous...pair me up with anyone you wish..I'm happy to mail to wherever!!! I'm already hunting for my "cracker"!!! :)

Amy A said...

I'm in! As if there was any doubt :)
Anyway, I already searched for a how to because I forgot how to make these-been a few years since I made them in grade school lol! I found this link http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/partycracker in case anyone else wants a refresher!

Carole Burant said...

Hi Carolyn:-) Please add my name to this swap, such a brilliant idea! I've just taken part in an ornament swap and a stocking swap so why not add a Christmas cracker swap! lol I'll announce it in my post tomorrow:-) xox

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Count me in to pretty please! I ws planning to head out to Michaels later anyways, how convenient...

Amanda said...

This sounds like a lot of fun! Count me in for sure! :) I can't wait to start ~ this is going to be so much fun!!

Rhondamum said...

Hello to all! I am very new to all of this, just made a blog and selling some of my stuff as well. I have been dying to do a swap, but am pretty clueless. My friend (wl n pd) let me know about this swap. I would love to join in, do I have to do anything in particular to join? I will admit that I am nervous though. If anyone can give me more info, suggestions, that would be great. But I really do want to start doing these swaps! Thanks! Rhonda...

... and it is okay if you laugh at me :>)

T.Allen said...

oh great i made it...count me in! i'm so excited...