Monday

Hoot !

I was inspired to make an owl brooch
from this blog

A Japanese owl brooch .

It`s the first item i have made from a
tutorial on another artists blog ..
Are they not cute !! ? ** Giggle **
Made from a triangle - i changed it a little ,
by rounding off the edges .


Both have a real twig branch is 3 " long ..
This was my first attempt ...


using vintage material - and a sewn pin on the back
with 2 vintage buttons for the eyes .







My second one - minus a pin ...










A great way to use fabric scraps up !
Why not have a go yourself ! ?



5 comments:

*Noelle* said...

cutest owls i've ever seen! i have been noticing owls becoming very popular in decor lately! on hand bags too!

Lynn said...

Ohhhhhhhh how cute, hoot hoot :) I will have to save this tutorial for one of those days when I want to try something else, looks like you had fun!

Meggie said...

OMG, Carolyn! They are soooo cute! I just may have to try to make one for myself. Thanks for the idea.

Valerie said...

these owls are way too cute! love them. thanks for sharing.

sherry ♥ lee said...

How cute are these?!?!?! Whoot!!!