Thursday

Coastal Day Out ...

Our weather was sunny over last weekend ,
so we decided to get out there on sunday ,
and make the most of it .
As we all know , car fuel prices have gone through
the roof , but we decided to travel to the east coast
anyway .
We ended up at one of my favourite places ..
Scarborough . I have shown photos of the place
beforehand , but here are a different selection of
views to see .....


The harbour ... With Scarborough Castle ..










View from the pier towards the beach ...

with a pirate tourist boat trip just leaving ..

I wonder if Captain Jack was on !!! ;o)





Seagulls nesting on the cliff face ...










From the seaside front - there is a tram carriage

from the bottom , to take you to the top part of

the town. It is over a 100 years old , and wooden .







The view from getting out of the tram ...

where you can walk through some gardens - if

you`re feeling energetic !






And here`s a fish and chip shop , right

on the seaside front ....

I had to take a photograph - because of their name !! ;o)

And had to share it with you ....

I was roaring with laughter at it myself !!

You certainly will not forget the name !!







4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Oh my, I love the view getting out of the tram! Can almost smell the air just looking at your photo.

I hope you're having a wonderful summer. I've been out of town and just now catching up on my blogging!

Sherry/Cherie said...

LMBO at Winking Willy's!!!! It's much funnier in the U.K. but for those of us who know what a willy is -- WHY on earth would they do that? Probably brings in good business!!!!

Looks like a beautiful day for that trip -- the photos are sparkling and the whole area looks somewhere you'd just love to spend a day.

So...did you sample the winking willy?!?! ;)

Meggie said...

Looks like a delightful day, Carolyn. So glad you didn't allow the high fuel prices to hold you back. I love harbors....so much action, yet so serene. I didn't know that gulls nested on cliffs... Winking Willies sounds like a great place for lunch...if I only lived closer...

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

These are just fab pictures! A castle no less! Oh how I wish I could vist England, it has been one of my favorite countries to read about since forever! Winking Willy's is a real hoot! LOL

Thanks for your kind words on my blog sweetie. You're a real English peach! ;-) (Can you grow peaches in England?)