Monday


Worcester was our next stop .

The river Severn , and where the cathederal
looks down upon ...




I had never seen so many swans !!





And a robin in the grounds ....
which seems to be an "in thing " as we
see one everywhere we go !!

Isn`t he a cute one Rhonda !! ?



The gigantic door ....






And myself waiting to go in ,
once i had eaten my crisps !! LOL !
I was starving , as we had an early breakfast ,
and it was 5pm when we finally got to eat something !!






One of the many stained glassed windows ...





Next onto Bath - where we just spent a few hours ......
Jane Austin lived there for a few years ,
and the artist Gainsborough .





The Abbey ....






The architecture of the ceiling
was magnificent .....




ornate wooden pews ....









We then visited The Roman Baths ....

One of partial mosaic flooring left ...





Looking down onto the main bath ....
It was originally covered , but with sunlight and open
exposure , algae has made the water green - it would
have been clear and warm ...





A small clip of the bath .


Apology`s for it being abit all over and not smooth !
I am just in the shot right at the beginning !
My other half had a bit of a dither going i think !!
And Bath Abbey can be seen , as it is situated
just across a small square ...






A scanned postcard of The circus - which is the

round housing , and The Crescent - top

left hand corner . Bath has many georgian houses


dating fron the late 18th century - these included .



The Royal Crescent is a notable residential road of 30 houses, laid out in a crescent, in the city of Bath. It was designed by the architect John Wood the Younge and built between 1767 and 1774 It is amongst the greatest examples of Georgian architectureto be found in the United Kingdom and is a grade I listed building




And one of our views ....



photo of the back ( Wikepedia )


It is not as grand as the front .



An end view of The Crescent


Another long post done !! .. But ...


I have 2 stone cirlces to come

One is Stone Henge !!




4 comments:

ricracsally said...

Your photos are killing me!!! Must. Get. To. England!
Come on over to our blog--got a little something for ya :)
Tiff

Sherry said...

More beautiful photographs -- including the one of you eating your crisps!! I'd have been right there with you girl...early breakfast and not eating again until 5?? My stomach would have been talking to me VERY loudly!!!

What beautiful places you visited and it was so nice to see some blue sky in these photographs!

Carole Burant said...

Carolyn, I've always wanted to go visit England and now I want to go even more! Beautiful...just beautiful are your pictures!!! The buildings are so different, so much older and steeped in history from what we have here in Canada. I've always loved the architecture, especially the abbeys...breathtaking! xoxo

Rhondamum said...

Now I really regret not getting to Bath. All of your photos are beautiful and it makes me want to come there again so badly.

Naturally, I love the little robin so thank you! Couldn't you just see the mini Rhonda crawling up from behind and getting onto it's back for a ride? LOL!

I love it when you share your trips, thank you so much!

xoxo
R...