Friday

Retro Autumn Hoop ...

I found a decent sized piece of this fabric -
and i fell in love with the colours and design of this !!
It looks like something from the 70`s and is
made from polyester - the kind which you
wore and got static electricity from !
Fancy having a dress made in this !! ? ?
It may not be to everyones taste -
I just had to buy it !!





I took the plunge to cut just a
small piece from it - placed it in an
embroidery hoop - and added
various elements onto the design .
I still have a small doubt about the
colour of the hoop - it has purple then
ivory paint on top . Then i sanded it down some .
It can be hung up - as a piece of " art " from
vintage lilac seam binding ..









This is my contribution to our

Fun Friday challenge - the word prompt

for this was Autumn ...


More of this piece of work to

follow .... ;o)

5 comments:

Rhondamum said...

Wow! Love it! Wish I could do stuff like that. Was that challenge due today? I am working on a cigar box that I am painting/collaging. Have a great weekend and write when you can. What's up with our party?

xoxo
R...

Rhondamum said...

Oh, I love your new banner too. Are you going to be selling "A Bird Can Fly" on the upper right? I LOVE it!

Sherry said...

branching out all over!! I love that you have added a banner of your work!!

And this fabric?!? Take me back to the late 60s...I'm sure my mother made me a dress or two in fabric like this!! Pucci inspired?!?! It's striking!

Anonymous said...

love your banner too :0)
have a nice weekend!

~~**Skye**~~ said...

Gorgeous Fabric -- it reminds me of a peice in orange that i picked up about 5 years ago, that i just had to have -- i dont know why, but i just had to take it home with me.

I think the hoop matches it well, you could always add a bit of pearl paint to make it a bit more fancy, but i think it looks great!