Tuesday

Weekly Challenge ` s



I`m a member of Etsy Cottage Style , and
joined a group for mixed media & paper arts .
The past few weeks Sherry had started a
Fun Friday Challenge on there , choosing
items / words , to create something , whatever
you wished , as long as the chosen subject for
that week was incorporated in it .



This weeks was
Sea foam and Brown .



This is my contribution .
An altered matchbox .
From a free wallpaper sample ,vintage lace
organza ribbon and a brad , on the outside .







The inside has a sleeping / resting Angel image ,
dotted vintage music paper around the sides ,
and a millenery flower and a butterfly .






Last weeks challenge was Roses .
" As Timeless As A Rose "



Matt board covered with vintage music paper ,
gesso and paints . Then an acrylic applique with
tiny seed beads swirled in .






With a fabric rose in the center ,
to show the 3 D effect .





And because Sherry is going on

vacation later today . I have the task of picking

what we do for the next couple of weeks .

Finally - Sherry - i know i`ve sent you a

personal message . Guess it wasn`t as much

of a surprise than i thought it would be ! LOL !

But have a wonderful time , relax , have a drink -

or three ! Shop `til you drop ! Of course tons of

photos !

I will miss you !!

And see you when you get back !!

xxxxx


4 comments:

Sherry said...

♥ ♥ ♥
Your creations are lovely -- whether spurred on my a challenge or just from your own creative muse.

I can't wait to come back and see what challenges you set for the group.

thanks for the good wishes -- a few drinks and relaxation are definitely on the list of things to do...and I will most definitely be taking LOTS of photos xo

The Tattered Rose said...

Carolyn, Your matchbox is dreamy.
So you carry it around in your purse so you can look at it for an a little pick-me-up during the day? Note to self: buy matches so I can alter the little boxes.

Rhondamum said...

All I can say is what word popped into my head as my mouth fell open, "WOW"! Your work is incredible! Can't wait to join in once I return from my drink or 3 or 5 LOL!

Love and miss!
Rhonda...

Meggie said...

Gosh, Carolyn, you can make the most lovely creations from the simplest things. Such a creative gal you are! Sorry I haven't been by lately...lots of yard work. Hope all is well with you.