Friday

Time to show you some more baking
i did last weekend :o)
Homemade - Swiss roll -
or i think in the USA it`s jello roll ?
It had been years since i made one with jam ,
i didn`t have any - so i used lemon curd
instead - I got some help later on - as you`ll see -
my other half videod me rolling it !!
When i was just going to snap pictures for you ;o)
Preheat oven to 200 f

Whisk together 3 eggs and 3oz caster sugar
until it forms peaks , then slowly fold in 3oz flour .





Pour into a tin lined with greased proof paper
my size tin is 12 x 9 " - an inch in depth .






It will only take 10 minutes to cook -
so don`t go doing something else ;o)
While mine was cooking -
i prepared another sheet of paper
sprinkled with sugar - no caster sugar left
it will look better with that though ;o)
I then put 4 Tblsp of lemon curd ( or jam ) and warmed
it in the microwave - to spread better .






10 minutes later ...
You have to be quick with the next stages -
Take it out of the tin and place the cooked side on the sugar -
then quickly peel away the paper .Spread the warm
chosen filling on - Then it`s rolling it up !





Not bad huh ??









Here i am rolling it up - ahem -
excuse the mess - and if i`d have known
i was going to make an appearance on here -
I would have tidied myself up a little !!
I`m not one for being in the limelight , only
on the odd occasion - and my Christmas video message -
i do have an idea for that this year - he he !!
And hey - it was late sunday morning -
that`s my excuse and i`m sticking to it !!




Leave to cool and slice -
and enjoy !!

This only lasted 2 days ..

the day after was better when the

filling had soaked into the sponge slightly .


5 comments:

Sherry said...

Julia Child?? Martha Stewart?? No, it's Nigella Lawson!!!!

Ooh I loved seeing in your kitchen (felt like I was right there with my cuppa!) and watching you work...and your videographer speaks!!!

This looks divine Carolyn!! To me it's swiss roll too though it's also marketed as jelly roll.

Yummy!!!

Deborah said...

I loved seeing you work in the kitchen and hearing your lovely accents! The cake looks so yummy. Thank you so much for your well-wishes for my son. It means the world to me! **kisskiss** Deb

Robin said...

I can see why this didn't last very long. If it tastes as good as it looks, it must have been yummy!

Carole Burant said...

You mean there's none left??? I was going to come over for some!! I wish! lol It does look so delicious and how I loved watching you on the video. I've only tried once to make a roll like that and it was a disaster...I obviously did something wrong! lol xoxo

Lynn said...

Great to see you again Carolyn, and that looks like a delicious jelly roll :)